Security Officer – The Lowry
The role is predominantly centred around providing a high level of security covering the main entrance to the Lowry building and maintaining the Security Control room, whilst also assisting in other areas of the building if required and providing a warm and professional welcome to all visitors. The ideal candidate will take pride in delivering excellent service and be committed in enhancing the Company’s proud reputation for being a market-leading specialist in Crowd Management and Event Security to create safe event environments.
What you will be doing
- Management of access / egress control
- Monitoring and authorising the entrance and departure of employees, contractors and other persons, to guard against theft and maintain security of the premises. This may involve the examination of hand baggage, parcels, or vehicles
- Maintaining constant staffing of the Security Control Room in order to take immediate action to deal with fire alarms, intruder alarms, the communications systems, building management systems and to monitor the Lowry’s CCTV cameras if a valid SIA CCTV license is held, to be alert to any suspicious activity
- Providing regular, high profile, internal and external patrols of the premises to prevent and detect any signs of intrusion and ensure the security of doors and windows. To safeguard confidential material / information
- Reporting any incidents or suspicious activities, in person or via radio communication and record accurate reports of activities and irregularities in the Daily Occurrence book
- Monitoring of CCTV systems if a valid SIA CCTV license is held and following procedures in the event of an incident
- Comply with all company and client policies and procedures relating to the role including laws and regulatory influences
What Showsec can offer you
- A Permanent contract with Showsec
- Hourly rate of £11.00
- 36 hours per week with 4 days on 4 days off including days and nights shift pattern
- Annual Leave allowance
- Pension scheme with excellent employer contribution
- Excellent training and development opportunities
What we need from you
- Valid SIA Door Supervisor, along with experience within the security, crowd management or event industries
- Valid SIA CCTV or an upcoming CCTV course booked
- First Aid at Work certificate or a commitment to undertake the training once in role
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Computer literate and competent at using Microsoft Office
- Reliable, confident, and committed
- Quick-thinking and the ability to deal with situations as they arise
- Ability to work night shifts and unsociable hours
We are only able to accept applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with your application.
SIA Licensed Roles require applicants to be 18 or over to hold an SIA licence. Due to the restriction of working hours and shift times our clients require our services, and the legislation in place to protect young workers, we are unable to consider applicants under the age of 18 years for non-SIA licensed roles.