Showsec has a fantastic opportunity for a Human Resources Advisor to join our busy and dynamic HR department, providing generalist advice, support, and guidance on HR-related matters.
The HR Department based in Leicester constantly strives to provide first-class service by ensuring that best practices are adhered to in line with current employment legislation. Reporting to the HR Manager, this role is ideal for a confident, hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic HR professional who is passionate about delivering outstanding human resources.
As a HR Advisor, you will work closely with key stakeholders across the business, take ownership for resolving issues and seek assistance when needed, whilst contributing to the ongoing development of the HR Function. This is an ideal opportunity for the correct candidate to further advance in their career path with the scope to be involved in all HR-related matters.
What you will be doing
- Providing generalist advice, support, and guidance on HR related matters in line with both policies and legislation for employees, managers, and casual workers
- Dealing with the recruitment and selection process including issuing offer letters and contracts of employment for new employees
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and proactively identifying smarter ways of working
- Deliver and develop an HR quality service and recommend changes to improve the HR service
- Responsibility for day-to-day HR and ER issues, e.g. disciplinaries and grievances
- Driving business performance about the organisation’s and department objectives
- KPI reporting and be proactive in analysing statistics and data
- Supporting the HR Manager and Head of Human Resources on strategic project work
- Absence management, including assisting managers in welfare meetings
- Assisting in reviewing policies, procedures, and processes in line with legislation
- Dealing with internal audits
- Managing staff relationships and handling HR matters reliably and in accordance with legal requirements
- Supporting with Learning & Development as required
- Accurate notetaking at meetings
- Ability to support managers in meetings as required
What Showsec can offer you
- Salary of £29,158 per annum
- Additional “holiday payment” equivalent to 2% of annual salary*
- Non-contractual bonus*
- 4 free Concert tickets or 2 free festival tickets every year
- City Centre location – 5 minutes from Leicester Train Station
- 37.5 hours per week
- 24 days holiday + 8 days public holiday
- Royal London pension scheme with excellent employer contribution
- BUPA medical plan (optional)*
- A range of valuable medical and practical support services through Help@hand
- Company laptop
- *Upon successful completion of probationary period
What we need from you
- Strong generalist background in dealing with HR issues
- CIPD Level 5, working towards or sufficient experience in an HR role
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems efficiently
- Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the business
- Determined individual with the drive to succeed
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload to deal with tasks promptly
- Strong administrative skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft packages and HR systems
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- A full driving license is desirable
We are only able to accept applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with your application.
SIA Licensed Roles require applicants to be 18 or over to hold an SIA licence. Due to the restriction of working hours and shift times our clients require our services, and the legislation in place to protect young workers, we are unable to consider applicants under the age of 18 years for non-SIA licensed roles.