Event Safety/ COVID Stewards
Our usual business of looking after the safety and security of 25 million people across sporting events, concerts and festivals is, of course, on hold right now. Whilst we wait patiently for normal service to resume, we are deploying our casual workforce into various other types of work and one such project has resulted in us needing to recruit a number of casual/ temporary Event Safety/ COVID Stewards to work at vaccination & testing centres within the Bournemouth area.
Shifts are usually 12 hours long (start & finish times vary according to workload and the day of the week but 8am-8pm is typical). Whether you’re looking for 1 shift or 5 shifts per week (or anything in between) we’d love to hear from you.
- You will be required to undertake a video interview. Please only apply for this role if you are willing to take a video interview.
Showsec International Ltd are an equal opportunities employer committed to creating and celebrating an inclusive environment for all workers.
The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, pre-employment training and screened in line with the BS7858 standards.
What you will be doing
- Checking in visitors, directing them accordingly, managing queues, and providing administrative support during the testing/ vaccination procedure
- Assisting in ensuring social distancing is maintained and that face coverings are worn at all times
What Showsec can offer you
- A rate of pay of up to £9.99 per hour inclusive of indicative holiday pay of £1.08 per hour. It is indicative because holiday pay is accrued at 12.07% for every hour worked, but calculated in accordance with your average hourly rate over the previous 52 weeks
What we need from you
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- A good work ethic with the ability to work with a smile on your face