SIA Door Supervisor
Showsec is seeking additional SIA Door Supervisor licensed individuals to join its team in Oxford for a variety of security based roles, which after the pandemic will resume to the more usual role of overseeing the safety and security of customers attending sporting events, concerts and festivals.
Please note- due to the Coronavirus pandemic we are not currently interviewing face-to-face. Instead you will be required to undertake a video interview. This will involve you logging onto a portal and answering some basic questions by talking into the camera on your laptop/ tablet/ mobile. The process is straight forward and you will be provided with instructions on how to complete. Please DO NOT apply for this role if you are not willing to take a video interview. Thank you.
What you will be doing
- Screening a person’s suitability to enter an event or venue
- Searching for and preventing unauthorised or illegal items from entering the premises
- Responding to incidents as they occur
- Ejecting individuals from a venue, event or designated area
- Maintaining security by guarding property and/or equipment
What Showsec can offer you
- A rate of pay of up to £10.26 per hour inclusive of indicative holiday pay of £1.10 per hour. It is indicative because holiday pay is accrued at 12.07% for every hour worked, but calculated in accordance with your average hourly rate over the previous 52 weeks
- The opportunity to join our casual staff pension scheme
- Plenty of shift availability
- Flexibility to choose your own shifts and work around your existing commitments
- The chance to travel and work provide security services at some of the biggest events throughout the UK
- Access to fully-funded industry-leading training modules and courses
- A fantastic working team and culture to enjoy
- Regular monthly pay by BACS into your account
- An online portal to plan your shifts and access to our team communications platform 24 hours a day
- Plenty of career progression opportunities – we value development!
What we need from you
- A successful Showsec SIA Door Supervisor has fantastic customer facing skills – attitude is everything
- The ability to handle confrontation – remaining professional in these situations is important!
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Click Apply Now and you could soon be wearing one of our iconic yellow jackets at major events across the UK!