SIA Door Supervisor
This is your opportunity to be part of the eagerly awaited return of live events!
Showsec is seeking SIA Door Supervisor licence holders to join our team on a casual basis to support us at our busy and growing list of venues and events.
We’ve got an exciting portfolio of very busy music and entertainment venue clients, hospitality venues and larger events in our Central Scotland area to offer, including:
- SWG3 Glasgow
- O2 Academy Glasgow
- The Classic Grand
- Playground Festival
- Slay Glasgow
- Broadcast Glasgow
- Audio Glasgow
- Temple Falkirk
- COP26 Events, including the New York Times Climate HUB @ SWG3
- We also have various venues and events happening in the Edinburgh area, if you’re up for braving it across the M8, including:
- Edinburgh Corn Exchange
- Royal Highland Centre
We have plenty of shift availability; whether you’re looking for 1 shift or 5 shifts per week (or anything in between) we’d love to have you on board.
APPLY NOW to start your Showsec journey!
- You must hold a valid in date SIA Door Supervisor licence to apply for this role
- You will be required to undertake a video interview so please only apply if you are willing to participate in a video interview Ref IND001
What you will be doing
- Screening a person’s suitability to enter an event or venue
- Searching of persons and/or property to prevent unauthorised or illegal items from entering the premises
- Responding to incidents as they occur
- Ejecting individuals from a venue, event or designated area
- Maintaining security by guarding property and/or equipment
- Managing queues of people
- Assisting in any emergency procedures
- Ensuring any venue policies and procedures are upheld and maintained
- Monitoring for compliance of any COVID related policies
What Showsec can offer you
- Pay up to £11.46 per hour comprising a pay rate of up to £10.23 (enhanced weekend rate from 1st July 2021) and indicative holiday pay of up to £1.23 per hour*
- Plenty of shift availability
- Flexibility to choose your own shifts and work around your existing commitments on our casual contract
- 24/7 access to our online portal to plan your shifts and access to our team communications platform
- Regular monthly pay by BACS into your account
- A fantastic working team and culture to enjoy
- We value development so you will have access to fully funded industry-leading training modules and courses through our eLearning platform and onsite training, mentoring and development
- Plenty of career progression opportunities – as a licence holder you could progress to Supervisor, Head of Security and Operations management roles
- The opportunity to join our casual staff pension scheme
- (*Holiday pay is indicative because it is accrued at 12.07% for every hour worked in accordance with your average pay rate over the previous 52 worked weeks. If you work at a different rate the pay and holiday pay will change accordingly.)
What we need from you
- A valid in-date SIA Door Supervisor licence
- A successful Showsec SIA Door Supervisor has fantastic customer facing skills – attitude is everything!
- The ability to handle confrontation and remain professional in such situations
- Strong verbal communication skills
- We have a lot of weekend work so are particularly keen to receive applications from candidates who can work Friday and Saturdays
We are only able to accept applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with your application.
SIA Licensed Roles require applicants to be 18 or over to hold an SIA licence. Due to the restriction of working hours and shift times our clients require our services, and the legislation in place to protect young workers, we are unable to consider applicants under the age of 18 years for non-SIA licensed roles.