SIA Door Supervisors
We are Showsec, the award-winning venue and event security specialist dedicated to achieving excellence in crowd management.
We’re seeking additional SIA Door Supervisors to join our teams at various very busy prominent Glasgow and central Scotland venues including:
- O2 Academy Glasgow
- O2 Academy Edinburgh
If you are looking for a second income, or to gain some security experience, this is a great opportunity for you to pick up a couple of shifts per week. You could be working at gigs, comedy shows, exhibitions, and more.
Our casual contract offers you great flexibility. Whether you are looking to top up your income, or pursue a career in event security and crowd management, Showsec offers you the freedom to choose when you work – if you have existing commitments, this could be the perfect role for you. The large variety of high-profile events mean no two shifts are the same!
Showsec can offer you industry leading training and development opportunities, with the chance to work your way up the ladder:
Steward > Door Supervisor > Event Supervisor > Head of Security > Operations Supervisor > Operations Executive > Area Management
In addition to local work, you will have the opportunity to work at venues and events further afield if you are willing and able to do so! From the Highlands down to the South Coast you will have access to amazing opportunities at major events and festivals across the UK.
APPLY NOW to start your Showsec journey!
- With Showsec you will be offered a variety of shifts starting at the base pay rate shown on this advert. The maximum pay rate displayed on this advert applies to specific shifts such as club nights at specific venues. It will remain your decision as to whether or not you wish to accept any offer of work in line with our flexible casual contract.
- You will be required to undertake a video interview so please only apply if you are willing to participate in a video interview. IND001
What Showsec can offer you
- A minimum hourly rate of £13.21 per hour (comprising a pay rate of £11.79 and indicative holiday pay of £1.42) and a maximum hourly rate of £15.41 per hour (comprising a pay rate of £13.75 and indicative holiday pay of £1.66). Holiday pay is indicative because it is accrued at 12.07% for every hour worked in accordance with your average pay rate over the previous 52 worked weeks. If you work at a different rate the pay and holiday pay will change accordingly
- Plenty of shift availability with the flexibility to choose your own shifts and work around your existing commitments on our casual contract
- 24/7 access to our online portal to plan your shifts and access to our team communications platform
- Ongoing development - you will have access to fully funded industry-leading training modules and courses through our eLearning platform and onsite training, mentoring and development
- Career progression opportunities – lots of our senior management team started out as casual SIA Door Supervisors!
- The opportunity to join our casual staff pension scheme
What we need from you
- We need you to have a valid in-date SIA Door Supervisor licence
We are only able to accept applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with your application.
SIA Licensed Roles require applicants to be 18 or over to hold an SIA licence. Due to the restriction of working hours and shift times our clients require our services, and the legislation in place to protect young workers, we are unable to consider applicants under the age of 18 years for non-SIA licensed roles.