SIA Door Supervisor (Football Fan Zones)
Showsec is the UK’s most trusted crowd management, venue and event security specialist. Established over 30 years ago, our team is dedicated to achieving excellence when looking after the safety and security of 25 million people across 450 well-known venues, sporting events, concerts and festivals.
We are presently recruiting SIA Door Supervisors to work on a casual basis at Football Fan Zones located at Potters Fields Park (SE1) and Trafalgar Square.
We require staff 7 days a week from 11th June to 11th July. The work is largely during the daytime/ evenings (typical shift times are 11am-11pm) but we also have some night shifts. Whether you’re looking for 1 shift or 5 shifts per week (or anything in between) we’d love to have you on board.
Beyond the tournament you will, if you wish, be able to continue working for us at numerous events, festivals and venues across London.
- You will need a valid in-date SIA Door Supervisor licence in order to be considered
- You will be required to undertake a video interview. Please only apply for this role if you are willing to take a video interview.
What you will be doing
- Screening a person’s suitability to enter an event/ venue
- Searching for and preventing unauthorised or illegal items from entering an event/ venue
- Responding to incidents as they occur
- Ejecting individuals from the event/ venue
- Maintaining security by guarding property and/ or equipment
What Showsec can offer you
- A rate of pay of up to £10.51 per hour inclusive of indicative holiday pay of £1.13 per hour. It is indicative because holiday pay is accrued at 12.07% for every hour worked, but calculated in accordance with your average hourly rate over the previous 52 weeks
- The opportunity to join our casual staff pension scheme
- Plenty of shift availability
- Flexibility to choose your own shifts and work around your existing commitments
- Access to fully-funded industry-leading training modules and courses
- A fantastic working team and culture to enjoy
- Regular monthly pay by BACS into your account
- An online portal to plan your shifts and access to our team communications platform 24 hours a day
- Plenty of career progression opportunities – we value development!
What we need from you
- A valid in-date SIA Door Supervisor licence
- A successful Showsec SIA Door Supervisor has fantastic customer facing skills – attitude is everything
- Strong verbal communication skills
- The ability to handle confrontation – remaining professional at all times is vital