SIA Door Supervisor
Our usual business of looking after the safety and security of 25 million people across sporting events, concerts and festivals is, of course, on hold right now. Whilst we wait patiently for normal service to resume, we are deploying our casual SIA Door Supervisor workforce into various other types of work and some of these projects have resulted in us needing additional staff to join our Edinburgh team.
We can offer work that is available at COVID-19 vaccination centres at the Royal Highland Centre and further venues still to be confirmed. These venues operate 7 days per week, for the length of the vaccine roll out programme. We have plenty of shifts available; these are generally 12 hours long (typically 7:30am-7:30pm on days, 7:30pm-7:30am on nights). The work is mainly based indoors with comfortable staff welfare provisions on every site.
Once events resume, we can offer continued and steady work at excellent venues in Edinburgh, such as the Royal Highland Centre. Whether this be a job for you to see through the pandemic or the start of a bright career in events and crowd management with the leading services supplier, and whether you’re looking for 1 shift or 5 shifts per week (or anything in between) we’d love to have you on board.
- You will need a valid in-date SIA Door Supervisor licence in order to be considered for this role
- You will be required to undertake a video interview. Please only apply for this role if you are willing to take a video interview.
Showsec International Ltd are an equal opportunities employer committed to creating and celebrating an inclusive environment for all workers.
The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, pre-employment training and screened in line with the BS7858 standards.
What you will be doing
- Controlling access in and out of the venue
- Welcoming, directing and checking in visitors
- Managing queues of people
- Ensuring for compliance of any COVID related policies
- General security support
What Showsec can offer you
- A rate of pay of up to £10.51 per hour inclusive of indicative holiday pay of £1.13 per hour. It is indicative because holiday pay is accrued at 12.07% for every hour worked, but calculated in accordance with your average hourly rate over the previous 52 weeks
- The opportunity to join our casual staff pension scheme
- Plenty of shift availability
- Flexibility to choose your own shifts and work around your existing commitments
- Access to fully-funded industry-leading training modules and courses
- A fantastic working team and culture to enjoy
- Regular monthly pay by BACS into your account
- An online portal to plan your shifts and access to our team communications platform 24 hours a day
- Plenty of career progression opportunities – we value development!
What we need from you
- A valid in-date SIA Door Supervisor licence
- A successful Showsec SIA Door Supervisor has fantastic customer facing skills – attitude is everything
- Strong verbal communication skills