Showsec is seeking additional Security Officers to join its Leicester team which is presently busy securing Covid-19 testing stations in and around Leicester, but after the pandemic will resume its more usual role of overseeing the safety and security of customers attending sporting events, concerts and festivals.
We have shifts up to 10 hours long every day of the week, so there is plenty of opportunity to earn.
You must have a valid in-date SIA Door Supervisor licence in order for your application to be considered.
Please note; Due to the Coronavirus pandemic we are not currently interviewing face-to-face. Instead you will be required to undertake a video interview. This will involve you logging onto a portal and answering some basic questions by talking into the camera on your laptop/ tablet/ mobile. The process is straight forward and you will be provided with instructions on how to complete. Please DO NOT apply for this role if you are not willing to take a video interview. Thank you.
What you will be doing
- Managing entry to the testing station
- Responding to any incidents as they occur
What Showsec can offer you
- A rate of pay of up to £10.26 per hour inclusive of indicative holiday pay of £1.10 per hour. It is indicative because holiday pay is accrued at 12.07% for every hour worked, but calculated in accordance with your average hourly rate over the previous 52 weeks
- The opportunity to join our casual staff pension scheme
- Flexibility to choose your own shifts and work around your existing commitments
- Access to fully-funded industry-leading training modules and courses
- Regular monthly pay by BACS into your account
- An online portal to plan your shifts and access to our team communications platform 24 hours a day
- Plenty of career progression opportunities – we value development
What we need from you
- Strong customer facing skills – attitude is everything
- Strong verbal communication skills