Event Safety Steward
Showsec, the UK’s most-trusted crowd management and security specialist, is presently seeking additional Event Safety Stewards to work on a casual basis at Hillsborough (Sheffield Wednesday Football Club).
If you’d like to play a crucial role on match days at Hillsborough, then we’d love to hear from you.
If your availability allows, we also have lots of opportunities to work on our other contracts in and around Sheffield.
What you will be doing
- Carry out pre-event checks
- Help manage an even flow of people entering the venue
- Staff restricted areas, segregated areas, exit and entry points
- Monitor crowds for signs of overcrowding
- Investigate any disturbances or incidents
- Respond to emergencies, raise the alarm and provide necessary and appropriate immediate help
- Provide a high standard of customer care
What Showsec can offer you
- Typically, 2 shifts per month - whenever Sheffield Wednesday FC are at home!
- The opportunity to work additional shifts on our other Sheffield based contracts
- An hourly rate of £9.20 per hour
- Regular monthly pay by BACS into your account
- Industry-leading training and development opportunities
What we need from you
- To be available as often as possible on Sheffield Wednesday FC match days - typically games are on a Saturday/ Sunday but can also fall on weekday evenings
- As a minimum, you must be willing to work at least once every 30 days
- A commitment to work the shifts you have booked onto
- High standards and professionalism
- A smile! Event Safety Steward roles are customer facing - attitude is everything