Event Safety Steward
We are Showsec, the award-winning venue and event security specialist dedicated to achieving excellence in crowd management.
As a result of the live events sector resuming normal service, we are currently seeking Event Safety Stewards to join our Glasgow team at a variety of venues including SWG3 and O2 Academy Glasgow.
The role of an Event Safety Steward is largely focused on customer service so you will need to be confident and approachable with a polite and friendly demeanour.
We have plenty of shift availability and whether you’re looking for 1 or 5 shifts per week (or anything in between), our casual contract offers you great flexibility. However, you must be able to work some Friday and/ or Saturday shifts (but not necessarily every week).
Of particular interest are candidates who would be interested commencing as an Event Safety Steward but quickly training to become a licensed SIA Door Supervisor (subject to you meeting certain criteria, Showsec can support you with the cost of this). The benefit to you of doing so is an enhanced rate of pay and increased shift availability.
APPLY NOW to start your Showsec journey!
Please note you will be required to undertake a video interview so please only apply if you are willing to participate in a video interview. IND004
What Showsec can offer you
- Pay of £9.99 per hour comprising a pay rate of £8.91 and indicative holiday pay of £1.08 per hour. Holiday pay is indicative because it is accrued at 12.07% for every hour worked in accordance with your average pay rate over the previous 52 worked weeks. If you work at a different rate the pay and holiday pay will change accordingly
- Plenty of shift availability with the flexibility to choose your own shifts and work around your existing commitments on our casual contract
- 24/7 access to our online portal to plan your shifts and access to our team communications platform
- Ongoing development - you will have access to fully funded industry-leading training modules and courses through our eLearning platform and onsite training, mentoring and development
- Career progression opportunities – lots of our Stewards progress to security roles and many of our management team started out as Stewards!
- The opportunity to join our casual staff pension scheme
We are only able to accept applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with your application.
SIA Licensed Roles require applicants to be 18 or over to hold an SIA licence. Due to the restriction of working hours and shift times our clients require our services, and the legislation in place to protect young workers, we are unable to consider applicants under the age of 18 years for non-SIA licensed roles.