Event Safety Steward
As the UK’s most-trusted crowd management and security specialist, Showsec have an exciting calendar of upcoming events for Casual Event Stewards in your local area!
Established over 30 years ago, our team are dedicated to achieving excellence when looking after the safety and security of 25 million people across 450 well-known venues, sporting events, concerts and festivals yearly.
We’re searching for confident and friendly Casual Event Stewards to join our award-winning security team, and that’s where you come in.
If you’re professional, hardworking and outgoing, you could be working at venues like TECA, Aberdeen’s brand new state-of-the-art events complex, but if you’re willing and able to travel we also have opportunities in the surrounding regions.
Interested in playing a crucial role in the live events industry as an Event Steward? Then we’d love to hear from you!
What can Showsec offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay: earn up to £9.20 per hour
- Plenty of shift availability, particularly on Friday and Saturday’s
- Flexibility to choose your own shifts and work around your existing commitments
- The chance to travel and work provide security services at some of the biggest events throughout the UK
- Full training provided for the role, plus additional access to fully funded industry-leading training modules and courses
- A fantastic working team and culture to enjoy
- Regular monthly pay by BACS into your account
- An online portal to plan your shifts and access to our team communications platform 24 hours a day
- Plenty of career progression opportunities – we value development! This role is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who would be interested in quickly training to become an SIA Door Supervisor (security training which Showsec can support).
What will you be doing as an Event Safety Steward?
- Carry out pre-event checks
- Help manage an even flow of people entering the venue/event
- Staff restricted areas, segregated areas, exit and entry points
- Monitor crowds for signs of overcrowding
- Investigate any disturbances or incidents
- Respond to emergencies, raise the alarm and provide necessary and appropriate immediate help
- Provide a high standard of customer care
What we need from you?
- A successful Showsec Event Steward has fantastic customer facing skills – attitude is everything
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Click Apply Now and you could soon be wearing one of our iconic yellow jackets at major events across the UK!