Event Build Crew
We are Showsec, the award-winning venue and event security specialist dedicated to achieving excellence in crowd management.
With a jam-packed event calendar ahead, we are seeking additional Event Build Crew staff to join our team in Sheffield.
Whether you’re looking for lots of work or just a handful of shifts, our casual contract offers you great flexibility. However, you must be able to work some Friday and/ or Saturday shifts (but not necessarily every week). Due to the nature of the events, you will also need to be available and flexible to work long and sometimes unsociable hours with a positive and willing attitude.
APPLY NOW to start your Showsec journey!
You will be required to undertake a video interview so please only apply if you are willing to participate in a video interview. IND002
What you will be doing
- Building stages from 16ft up to 80ft in size
- Installing dasher wall/plexiglass/sin bins of the hockey rink
- Pulling out/retracting bleacher seating
- Constructing front of house safety barrier for events
- Installing/removing heavy duty barriers
- Setting up dressing rooms for artists/bands
- As part of the duties outlined above, you will be required to lift, carry and place heavy objects of varying shapes and sizes. This will also include bending down, crouching and standing for extended periods of time, therefore it’s imperative you are physically fit, as well as being able to work as a team and have a proactive work ethic.
What Showsec can offer you
- A minimum hourly rate of £12.00 per hour (comprising a pay rate of £10.71 and indicative holiday pay of £1.29). Holiday pay is indicative because it is accrued at 12.07% for every hour worked in accordance with your average pay rate over the previous 52 worked weeks. If you work at a different rate the pay and holiday pay will change accordingly
- Plenty of shift availability with the flexibility to choose your own shifts and work around your existing commitments on our casual contract
- 24/7 access to our online portal to plan your shifts and access to our team communications platform
- Ongoing development - you will have access to fully funded industry-leading training modules and courses through our eLearning platform and onsite training, mentoring and development
- The opportunity to join our casual staff pension scheme
What we need from you
- To become part of the Event Build Crew you will need to undertake a 2-3 hour training course and an online learning module.
We are only able to accept applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with your application.
SIA Licensed Roles require applicants to be 18 or over to hold an SIA licence. Due to the restriction of working hours and shift times our clients require our services, and the legislation in place to protect young workers, we are unable to consider applicants under the age of 18 years for non-SIA licensed roles.